Sunday, July 5, 2015

Just keep swimming

I have a terrible habit of clinging to the past. Whether it is events or people or places or things. I think part of it comes from the idea that all of the things I've interacted with are selfishly part of my life story (which is obviously the most important life story out there).

This blog was another part of this attempt to link my present to my past. Even it's title is a reference to a conversation that happened in my undergrad time. But in the words of George C. Marshall, "When a thing is done, it's done. Don't look back. Look forward to your next objective."

I've moved (physically), and I'm moving on to the next step in my life. There are things that I'm bringing with me, but they can't be to focus of what I'm moving on to. Even if I don't know what that is. They can remain a part of who I am without defining me. I watched "Hitch" yesterday and realized how many of the jokes in that I had picked up as recurring things I said. But just because it has become part of me doesn't mean I have to spend all my time waiting for the planned TV series.

So this is the last page of a love letter to the past. I'll post a link to the new adventure when I figure it out.

Things I'll keep with me on my next blogging venture
- Random art attempts (poetry or comics)
- Lyric of the day (lyrics do resonate with me)
- The occasional rant on social constructs
- Funny stories that I think are memorable
- Less entertaining stories that have sentimental meaning

Things I'm hoping to leave behind
- Self-destructive criticism or any sort of self-awareness
- Broken promises about upcoming rants I never publish
- Dreams of futures that have passed (movie references are staying though)

Lyric of the Day: Halestorm - Better Sorry Than Safe
"I'm not scared
'Cause I know there's something out there waiting for me
And I swear that I'll find it someday, just wait and see

I don't care that you call me crazy
I can't stay 'cause I need room to breathe
There's nothing left to say, better sorry than safe"

No comments:

Post a Comment